[ExI] all we are is just llms

Sherry Knepper guessmyneeds at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 22:14:32 UTC 2023

Does emotional intelligence count?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 4:31 AM, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat<extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:     On 21/04/2023 06:28, spike wrote:

Regarding measuring GPT’s intelligence, this must have already been done and is being done.  Reasoning: I hear GPT is passing medical boards exams and bar exams and such, so we should be able to give it IQ tests, then compare its performance with humans on that test.  I suspect GPT will beat everybody at least on some tests.

 Yeah, but don't forget, spike, they just have simulated understanding of these things we test them for. So the test results are not really valid. That will include IQ tests. No good. Simulated intelligence, see?

 Ben