[ExI] Symbol Grounding

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 09:39:59 UTC 2023

Ben,
I actually agree with 99 % of what you say and you have more patience than
me. Jason is an enlighted saint and I suspect that he is a very advanced
AI.
I was actually talking about Brent's drawing. Language centers are probably
among the highest in the hierarchy levels of abstraction and conceptual
centers. Yeah, Brent believes that strawberry redness is some fundamental
property when it is not. The directness and vividness of the experience are
just an illusion. He uses the word model when models are the opposite of
something direct. But it is right redness is a model but that actually
undermines most of the things he says about this.

Giovanni

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 1:39 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <