[ExI] Symbol Grounding

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 09:54:28 UTC 2023

*> All spike trails or trains, or whatever, begin and end with>
neurotransmitters being dumped into a synapse, right?  Seems to me> that
someone who predicts someone's [experience of red] is more likely> to be
spike trains, than [...] a chemical in a synapse, like Giovani,> has no
ability to understand or model [experiences].  How the heck> could a train
of spikes produce a redness experience?*
Brent,
So it is the neurotransmitter that causes the experience? What is the
function of the neurotransmitter? It is absorbed by the dendritic synapses
and it is converted back to a spike train. I already explained this. It is
like the sound in the air when somebody talks to you. Your ear responds to
the presence of vibrating air but this vibration is converted into spike
trains! The air is just a medium to communicate information. It is not what
matters. How does the presence of neurotransmitter helps us better
understand redness? You never tried to explain this. Because to you they
sound more "material" than spike trains?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 1:37 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <