[ExI] Zombies

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 23:01:10 UTC 2023

OK, so then I asked my friendly AI -
What is required to give an AI system consciousness?

Answer -
The question of what is required to give an AI system consciousness is
a matter of ongoing debate and research. Some researchers argue that
consciousness is an emergent property of complex information
processing in the brain, and that creating AI systems with
consciousness would require simulating the complexity and organization
of the human brain at a level beyond our current technological
capabilities. Others suggest that novel computational algorithms that
not only process information, but also generate subjective experience
could be developed to create AI systems with consciousness. However,
there is still a lack of consensus on how to define consciousness and
how to replicate it in machines. Developing more advanced technologies
and understanding the underlying mechanisms of human consciousness in
greater detail can help to advance our ability to create AI systems
with the capacity for consciousness. Ultimately, the question of what
is required to give an AI system consciousness remains an active area
of research and debate.