[ExI] OpenAI planning for Superintelligent AI

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:01:36 UTC 2023

We present a new research direction for superalignment, together with
promising initial results: can we leverage the generalization
properties of deep learning to control strong models with weak
supervisors?
December 14, 2023

<https://openai.com/research/weak-to-strong-generalization>
Quotes:
A core challenge for aligning future superhuman AI systems
(superalignment) is that humans will need to supervise AI systems much
smarter than them.

The superalignment problem

We believe superintelligence—AI vastly smarter than humans—could be
developed within the next ten years. However, we still do not know how
to reliably steer and control superhuman AI systems. Solving this
problem is essential for ensuring that even the most advanced AI
systems in the future remain safe and beneficial to humanity.