[ExI] Unassailability and the Fermi Paradox

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 17:54:00 UTC 2023

I doubt this is a new idea.

After reading the Scientific America article that was recently proffered...

Within history for the past few thousand years there has been an
oscillation between unassailable walls and more and more terrible
machines for breaching walls. When taken to its limit, the most
unassailable wall in the universe is the event horizon of a black
hole. Going through an event horizon, as I understand it, leads to a
poor outcome for the invader. If, on the other hand, it were possible
to engineer the collapse creating a black hole such that the matter
initially creating the black hole maintained some kind of pattern,
then one could conceptually collapse one's civilization into a black
hole and thus create an unassailable wall the likes of which has never
been seen in our history. Perhaps this is a partial answer to the
Fermi Paradox, I know people have associated black holes with the
paradox before, so nothing new there... but orbiting a black hole
seems slightly different than creating a black hole with maintained
patterns within... comments? Am I just missing some large part of
physics here?

-Kelly