[ExI] Limiting factor to the Intelligence Singularity?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 24 13:00:03 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat
ubject: Re: [ExI] Limiting factor to the Intelligence Singularity?

>… You can't read the sesquipedalian Steven Jay Gould's evolution books without a dictionary. Crenulated isn't a well known word... -Kelly

OK.  But in our fortunate times, a dictionary is right there always, in our phones.

With Gould, I cheerfully embrace his obscure and often arcane vocabulary, for specialized fields have their own language.  An outsider just hasta learn the terminology to play there.  The controls discipline is filled with specialized jargon.  Ya just hafta master it, along with the equations.

Fun example from Gould: elytron.  The pair are elytra.  We learn cool stuff just by looking it up.  There is no good way to talk around those terms.