[ExI] lancet publishes information

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Feb 18 19:05:34 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] lancet publishes information

>…Spike, they didn't actually think that…

>…Throughout, the 4th estate was missing in action, and just another mouthpiece for the powers that be.  A healthy press could have and should have played an important role in pushing back against the insanity of the last few years… Dylan

Ja Dylan, this is one of the biggest reasons I rejoiced when Elon Musk bought Twitter.  We now use Twitter as a kind of news outlet, an unfiltered blast of information which we do not rely upon as an arbiter of truth.  At one time we relied upon the press to be an arbiter of truth, but they have collectively failed at that task.  So… now we no longer want the press to involve itself in that process.  We want to go to some public square and see what the unwashed masses are talking about, and go to some of their links if their reasoning makes sense.  This is a gift.