[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:10:04 UTC 2023

Who cares about the Turing test?
Even the idea that the machine has to "imitate" or fake human behavior. I
don't care about that and in fact it is a bad idea. We don't want
machines to fake anything. It is already obvious when machines try to
pretend to be humans in these convo people have where they provoke it for
example.
I would rather do more interesting experiments like test the theory of mind
of the AI like in this paper:
Theory of Mind May Have Spontaneously Emerged in Large Language Models
https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.02083?fbclid=IwAR2WbdZZRN5afuYWYKybjijTejN08I3EGUKkqt1__B793OWRGWid8slygeE

An another emergent property.

Giovanni

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 8:46 AM Dave S via extropy-chat <