[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:16:11 UTC 2023

Let's devise a measure of feminine beauty.  :I suggest the classical way:
measure breast, waist, and hip circumference.  Totally objective.  Then
create an ideal set of measurements. Every woman then can be classified on
the beauty scale as average, etc.

No one will be happy with that, even though it's totally objective -
right?  OK, so create ideal dimensions of jaw, nose, and so on.  You could
create dozens of objective measures and no one would agree with any of
them.  Objective measure then, isn't the way to go, is it?

The Beatles are the best musicians in history because they sold the most
albums etc.  Agree with that?  But we cannot obtain such measures on anyone
prior to the 20th century, more or less.  How many CDs would Bach have sold
if the tech was there?  The best book in history has to be the Bible - the
most sold.

Nope - cannot go along with any of that.  Aesthetics just isn't amenable to
scientific/objective sorts of measures.  To me it's all qualitative.  And
that means to me that I am just as good a judge as anyone.

In fact, I am the only judge that exists that knows exactly what I like.
That's all I need.   bill w

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 4:13 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <