[ExI] Peer review reviewed

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:52:24 UTC 2023

Montessori - learn what you want to at your own rate.   Friend of mine went
to a school like that to the third grade.  Moved to Oklahoma and had to be
put back in the first grade - could not read or write - but boy could he
fingerpaint.

Motivation needs a place to go - to aim your efforts at.  What if someone
wasn't interested in anything a school had to offer?  Both of my sons were
like that.

Me?  I am so full of motivation that I have more projects on hand that I
can pay attention to, including a pile of books.  No one had to try to
interest me in anything - I am interested in far too many things already.

As far as motivating people, there are carrots and sticks and both can
work.  But I don't think you can install self-motivation.  I would love to
find out how.  'You can lead a horse to water.....'

One problem here is likely to be that all of us are self-motivated and
always have been.  We don't have to do anything to motivate ourselves -
it's already built in.
bill w

On Sat, Jan 7, 2023 at 6:17 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <