[ExI] Peer review reviewed AND Detecting ChatGPT texts

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 8 19:22:18 UTC 2023

On Sat, Jan 7, 2023, 2:34 PM Darin Sunley via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

ZIZEK: that AI will be the death of learning & so on; to this, I say NO! My student brings me their essay, which has been written by AI, & I plug it into my grading AI, & we are free! While the 'learning' happens, our superego satisfied, we are free now to learn whatever we want…

After discussing the eventual appearance of AI-like software for the past 30 years in this forum, it sometimes feels like we are just as lost in the woods as everyone else who is hearing of ChatGPT for the first time.  I can’t claim that all the time I have spent thinking about this has prepared me for it.