[ExI] LLM's cannot be concious

sjatkins sjatkins at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 23 01:34:11 UTC 2023

I remember looking up a word I was uncertain of in dictionaries in my youth only to have it defined in terms of some words I wasn't sure of the meaning of which on lookup led me in a hop or three back to the word I started with.  So color me skeptical.  Today it seems even worse as many words are defined in terms of how they are currently used.  I always found that unsatisfying, especially to settle some tedious disagreement about whether a word was used correctly or mean what the user thought it did.