[ExI] What is Consciousness?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 03:48:11 UTC 2023

Oh, YES Rafal,

This is exactly the way Steven Lehar has proposed color conscious knowledge
works.  (I just sent this link to him)  Our knowledge of the strawberry is
laid out in the primary visual cortex, a pixel in our conscious knowledge
for each point on the retina.  So these circles (one for each pixel) can
rotate between redness(glutamateness) and greenes(glyceneness) or any other
color, as that particular pixel changes from red to green, on the surface
of the strawberry.

However you must notice that this entire article is quality blind.  Like
everything in the all peer reviewed articles, it uses one abstract word
'red' to represent all things representing 'red'.  This is the same issue
with the way we observe the brain pointed out with multiple other
similar examples of quality blind brain observation reported here
<https://canonizer.com/topic/603-Current-Observation-Issues/1-Agreement>.

In other words, if you put a red/green signal inverter in the optic nerve
of someone.  Then when you objectively observe these wheels in this way,
you will see the glutamate (redness) part of the circle in one person, and
glycine (grenness) in another.  But the system, having a different custom
trained recognizer of that mind for each person whose mind is being
observed, will correct for this difference, and false color it back to the
'red' which is defined by light.  So it will fail to detect the fact that
one person's subjective experience of red, is like your greenness.  That is
why we call it quality blind observation of the brain.  And THAT is the
only reason why we don't yet know the colorness quality of anything.

 I guess I need to add this as yet another example of quality blind
observation of the brain,  here
<https://canonizer.com/topic/603-Current-Observation-Issues/1-Agreement>.

On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 8:15 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <