[ExI] The Automathician

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 14:46:38 UTC 2023

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 at 15:21, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

<snip>

> ChatGPT is an expert on everything, certainly relative to me it is.  So... the next obvious step is to figure out how to interface this so that it is listening to conversation and can help any ignoramus appear to not suck.  It wouldn't be necessary or desirable to conceal the device: it could communicate the answers to a prole thru google-glass style retinal painters (whatever happened to those things? (did they go out of style? (why?))) or go audio and talk into the ear.
>
> spike
>---------------------------------------

Google has officially given up on Glass specs.
<https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/15/google-discontinues-google-glass-enterprise-end-to-early-ar-project.html>
Quote:
Mar 15 2023      Kif Leswing at kifleswing

Google has stopped selling its Glass Enterprise smart glasses, the
company announced on Wednesday on its website.
The move is the end of the line for one of the first and most
recognized smart glasses product lines from a tech company.
Google will also stop supporting its software in September, the company said.

But that is because better devices are in the pipeline from Meta,
Apple, Microsoft and Google itself.

BillK