[ExI] The Automathician

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 27 14:59:22 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, 27 March, 2023 7:47 AM
To: Extropy Chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Automathician

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 at 15:21, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

<snip>

> ... google-glass style retinal painters (whatever happened to those
things? (did they go out of style? (why?))) or go audio and talk into the
ear.

> spike
>---------------------------------------

Google has officially given up on Glass specs.
<https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/15/google-discontinues-google-glass-enterprise
-end-to-early-ar-project.html>
Quote:
Mar 15 2023      Kif Leswing at kifleswing

>...Google has stopped selling its Glass Enterprise smart glasses, the
company announced on Wednesday on its website.
The move is the end of the line for one of the first and most recognized
smart glasses product lines from a tech company.
Google will also stop supporting its software in September, the company
said.

>...But that is because better devices are in the pipeline from Meta, Apple,
Microsoft and Google itself.

BillK

Thx BillK, but I don't understand.  Better devices are in the pipeline but
what if we need something like this now?  Where do we go?  If they don't
support the software, do the old devices still work?  So I could look for
one on eBay and such?  The other products are not here yet ja?  If all I
need is text only, wouldn't the Glass work fine for that?  ChatGPT gives
back only text, so I don't need fancy schmancy anything.