[ExI] What is "Elemental Redness"?

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Mon May 1 16:44:48 UTC 2023

On 01/05/2023 17:05, Will Steinberg answered:
> It means, I think, "the conformation of physical reality that produces
> the red quale, on the layer of physical reality that is responsible
> for qualia"

So, a brain?

A brain is 'Elemental Redness'??

I'm reading "conformation of physical reality" as meaning "arrangement
of stuff", and "the layer of physical reality that is responsible for
qualia" as "the organisational level of matter that gives rise to
subjective experiences", i.e. (as far as we know) neural circuits, in a
brain.

I see no reason to use the word 'elemental' for that. In fact it's
wrong. This is far from elemental.

If I'm on the wrong track (which seems likely), well, I did ask for
"simple terms".

Ben