[ExI] for longer life

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:34:18 UTC 2023

On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:24 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *…*> *On Behalf Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] for longer life
>

> On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 10:44 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <
>
> Get out of all of your relationships as fast as you can. They produce far
> more stress than pleasure.
>

> >…This one is definitely not always true.  If you are married to a true
> partner who changes with you and stays relevant to your life (not just a
> trophy spouse, someone you stay married to only for the sake of the
> children, et cetera), that partnership can extend your life by itself.
>

> Very much agree, Adrian, right on.  The right person is out there
> somewhere.

Hmm...I'd say it's fair to say that not everyone has a right person out
there.  To be able to have a partner, one must be able to be a partner, and
some people just aren't up for supporting anyone else, not even someone who
shares basically all their beliefs and values.

> Find her.  Be the right person for her.

"Be the right person" is the problem, for some.  And that's alright:
changing who you are can, for some people, be more stressful than the
stress relief that a true partner would bring.

I object to Billw’s notion of no exercise too.  That one definitely sounds
> wrong to me.  Find the balance between wearing out and rusting out.

I think he meant overexercise - athlete level.  The rest of his items could
be read similarly: avoid excess that induces stress.  But not the one I
quoted.