[ExI] What is "Elemental Redness"?

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:34:02 UTC 2023

> By the way, GPT-4 now has eyes (grounding ongoing):
> https://www.trendwatching.com/innovation-of-the-day/gpt-4-works-as-virtual-pair-of-eyes-for-visually-impaired-people <https://www.trendwatching.com/innovation-of-the-day/gpt-4-works-as-virtual-pair-of-eyes-for-visually-impaired-people>
I find the idea that images are necessary for grounding to be a silly idea. All information about the world can be encoded as text as demonstrated by the laws of physics. Of course using images as training data will provide the model with a more nuanced and accurate view of reality that it may not be easily capable of otherwise due to practical limitations.