[ExI] road to wellville, was: RE: morality

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat May 20 23:29:58 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Saturday, 20 May, 2023 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ExI] road to wellville, was: RE: morality

But as you said in an earlier message, young human beings can tolerate a
lot of garbage without any damage.

True story as far as I know:  a mother took her 9 year old to the doctor.  She told him that the boy ate nothing but peanut butter and french fries. The doctor ran blood tests and so on and told her that the kid was doing fine.

The sugary breakfast cereal rotted our teeth, but not so much that I don’t still have all 32 of mine.

What I don’t know is if one eats complete junk for 22 years, then changes, such as getting married to someone who doesn’t eat only junk, is there any permanent harm from the first years?

My intuition says there should be, but I can’t tell.  Insulin intolerance happens if you keep it up into one’s late youth I suppose, but I didn’t.