[ExI] road to wellville, was: RE: morality

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Sun May 21 01:49:39 UTC 2023

> What I don’t know is if one eats complete junk for 22 years, then changes, such as getting married to someone who doesn’t eat only junk, is there any permanent harm from the first years?

I ate “junk” for about the first 15 years of my life without major complications. In my late teens I developed severe health issues from the food I ate. I sometimes spent entire days curled in the fetal position from intense abdominal pain. Often I felt so fatigued and dizzy that I could barely walk for weeks at a time.

When I changed my diet most of the symptoms went away. If I eat only meat I have no issues at all. Even peanut butter, beans, or wheat bread will send me over the edge. My body just won’t tolerate it.

I don’t know the root cause of this, nor do my doctors. Maybe the lack of “real” food during my developmental years stunted my digestive system. Or a birth defect, or some genetic issue is to blame. In any case, research has shown that environmental/food exposure in childhood can have potentially long lasting negative effects, such as overly sanitized environments causing higher incidence of allergies. Traditional food (especially human breast milk) often contains probiotic bacteria and prebiotics that develop and improve the composition of the gut microbiome, which is important for the digestive system and immune health. I ate no such thing as traditional food growing up, except on rare occasions.

People like me are becoming more common. I think it is growing into an epidemic.