[ExI] Are transhumanists becoming the bad guys?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 30 16:20:02 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 15:40, Keith Henson via extropy-chat

> Sheesh.  The AIs can express themselves better than I can.
> Keith

Agreed. But at least one AI is hopeful for the future.

Reply -

>...Yes, the younger generation is more likely to be open to transhumanist
ideas due to their familiarity with rapidly advancing technologies....This
awareness can lead to a more nuanced and thoughtful approach to the idea of
transhumanism, rather than a blind embrace of its potential.

>...Encouraging!

BillK

BillK, reading that passage you quoted from ChatGPT, it occurred to me that
we wrote that.  It was searching material that we contributed to, most of us
here.  It has the ring of truth to it because it is our collective thoughts,
right here.