[ExI] Mind Uploading

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:37:58 UTC 2024

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024, 5:47 AM BillK via extropy-chat <

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 at 04:41, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, 4:03 PM BillK via extropy-chat <
> >> The uploads would think faster, be tightly interconnected and share a
> >> common knowledge database. They would be working together for goals
> >> that we can hardly imagine.
> >
> > Would they, just because they're on the same computer?
>
> Wow!  :)  That's a one-liner that needs an article-length response!

Sometimes I do have such thoughts, it seems. ;)

> What you are really asking is "How might mind uploading change humans?".

No, that is not what I am asking, for it is so broad that answers to that
mostly fail to answer my question.

My question might be a subset of that, focused on whether uploading would
change individuality and competitiveness, and specifically whether merely
being on the same computer would necessarily mean that uploads would share
their goals and work together.  For all the other changes that uploading
might bring, I don't see that particular one as a given.