[ExI] Elon Musk Predicts Future Where ” None Of Us Will Have A Job”

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sat Jun 1 14:45:11 UTC 2024

On 30/05/2024 03:07, extropy-chat-request at lists.extropy.org wrote:
> Tesla’s founder also mentioned that AI will provide unprecedented
> educational opportunities, saying, “I think everyone will have access
> to this magic genie, and you can ask any question. It’ll certainly be
> bigger for education. It’ll be the best tutor.” Musk predicted that
> this future would bring an age of abundance of goods and services.

Everyone?

Everyone in the democratic western countries maybe, but they are in the
minority (a shrinking minority, it seems at the moment).

I can't see any of the tyrannical states in the rest of the world being
willing to let their subjects have access to the kind of power that this
magic genie could grant, and we're probably talking about 75% of the
world's population.

We all think about things like longevity, curing cancer and
technological development, but perhaps a more significant thing a
superhuman AI genie could work on would be a cure for despotism.

An age of abundance is pretty lame if it only applies to a quarter of
the human race.

Ben