[ExI] AI can create songs and write essays - Really?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 21:18:18 UTC 2024

Just saw this comment on the interwebs....

"You know what the biggest problem with pushing all-things-AI is?
Wrong direction. I want AI to do my laundry and dishes so that I can
do art and writing, not for AI to do my art and writing so that I can
do my laundry and dishes".

How true.   There is much research ongoing into getting humanoid
robots to do manual labour tasks in factories and homes.
It is difficult, but progressing.

But the difficulty is that when robots can do all the boring manual
tasks, we will realise that all our fun hobbies can also be done much
better by AI.      So what happens then?

BillK