[ExI] AI can create songs and write essays - Really?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Mon Jun 3 09:20:17 UTC 2024

On Sun, 2 Jun 2024, BillK via extropy-chat wrote:

> Just saw this comment on the interwebs....
>
> "You know what the biggest problem with pushing all-things-AI is?
> Wrong direction. I want AI to do my laundry and dishes so that I can
> do art and writing, not for AI to do my art and writing so that I can
> do my laundry and dishes".
> ---------------------
>
> How true.   There is much research ongoing into getting humanoid
> robots to do manual labour tasks in factories and homes.
> It is difficult, but progressing.

Problem solved! I have a dish washer and a laundry machine. Takes me very
little time.

> But the difficulty is that when robots can do all the boring manual
> tasks, we will realise that all our fun hobbies can also be done much
> better by AI.      So what happens then?

Nothing. I do my hobbies because they are fun, not because I demand
perfection or because there are humans on this planet who are better than
I am at my hobbies.

So from a purely hobbyist perspective, I couldn't care less. =)

Best regards,
Daniel