[ExI] AI can create songs and write essays - Really?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:44:41 UTC 2024

On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 at 10:23, efc--- via extropy-chat

> Problem solved! I have a dish washer and a laundry machine. Takes me very
> little time.
>
> Nothing. I do my hobbies because they are fun, not because I demand
> perfection or because there are humans on this planet who are better than
> I am at my hobbies.
>
> So from a purely hobbyist perspective, I couldn't care less. =)
>
> Best regards, Daniel

I think you might be an optimist.  :)
You will have to be a very determined hobbyist.
I used to play competitive chess. Then all computers gained the
ability to not only play better than me, but would happily explain in
detail why my play was so pitifully weak and demonstrate all the
errors I made. So I was converted to an admiring spectator.
I expect the same will apply to many hobbies. Authors already use AI
to correct and suggest improvements to their essays. AI can now
write stories when given just a few plot and character hints.
The future will be very different.

BillK