[ExI] postage due

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Sun Jun 9 09:48:50 UTC 2024

On Sat, 8 Jun 2024, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

> Funny: I sent eight graduation cards, the size appropriate to include
> US currency.  I put a crisp fifty in each and mailed all eight.  Today
> four of them came back postage due.  Four of the eight identical
> cards.
> Please if anyone here is into hard drugs, don’t go to work at the post
> office.  We already have one too many of those working there.

This seems to be a trend. In sweden the government privatized the post
office, and due to decreasing demand, they are every year lobbying the
politicians for the right to deliver mail less often. I think it's now
every 3 days or so, and I'm sure they want to get approved to only have
to deliver once a week or so.

I imagine that this also limits the pool of available employees and that
perhaps not the brightest and the best look for their future at the post
office. =/

Best regards,
Daniel