[ExI] postage due

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 9 12:50:55 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
efc--- via extropy-chat

>>... Please if anyone here is into hard drugs, don?t go to work at the post

> office.  We already have one too many of those working there.

>...I imagine that this also limits the pool of available employees and that
perhaps not the brightest and the best look for their future at the post
office. =/

Best regards,
Daniel

Heh, cool, thx Daniel.  Our post office improved noticeably after they were
given some autonomy and had to compete with FedEx and the other commercial
carriers.  I cannot explain the bizarre $4.22 postage due, but in retrospect
I suppose I hafta give them grudging overall approval.

As for 3 day delivery, that would work here, because of low reliance on
paper mail, which is the bulk of what the US post does.  Anything that goes
thru US post has a legal status too: if you send fraudulent letters thru
FedEx, the liability structure is completely different than if you send it
US Post.  FedEx can (I think) legally look in your mail but the US Post
cannot.  Irony: the US Post is motivated to do that, because they are
federal employees but FedEx doesn't care what you send.

Scenario: FedEx guy says, Oy vey, what is so heavy in this thing?  (Opens
package)  Oh ok, ammo, going to California where buying it is a pain in the
ass.  Other FedEx guy: Hey does he have any .223center fire in there?  First
guy: Nope, just a bunch of 30 cal and some 9 mm, with some lithium
batteries, grenades, fireworks and such.  Second guy: Meh OK, I am all
stocked up on that stuff, tape it up, send it on.

They can't legally do that at the US Post.