[ExI] trump

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 9 03:46:13 UTC 2024

...> On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat
Cc: Kelly Anderson <postmowoods at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] trump

>...One strength I once attributed to Trump was that he was (and still is) perceived as "just crazy enough"... and that would make other world leaders think twice before doing something like, oh, I don't know, invading Ukraine or Taiwan. However, his isolationist stance is such that such leaders might feel even safer doing such nonsense now... As bad as Biden is, he's at least supported Ukraine, which I view as a "good thing" due to the fact that if Russia successfully took over Ukraine, someone in Nato might be next, and then all hell might break loose. My vote is irrelevant now that I'm living in a RED as RED state... but I can't imagine voting for either of them at this point.

-Kelly

Kelly that's the beauty of living in a state which is highly partisan, such as we do: you are free to vote your conscience.  You know for sure it will not influence the election.  So be true to yourself.

There are more than two parties.  This is one of those election years where most of the people hate both dominant party's candidate.

So... vote your conscience.  That's what I intend to do.

Fun aside: the US Supreme Court decided that states may not remove the name of any qualifying party's nominee.  I think this was the right decision, but it bothers me that the US Supreme Court ordered states to do this, for it is not clear to me from reading the constitution that the SCOTUS has the authority to do that.  Do let me stress I think it was the right decision, as did all 9 justices in perfect unison.  I am only questioning the authority to do that right thing.