[ExI] interesting take on nuclear power

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 05:54:20 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 9:12 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> Respectfully, I'm curious how you have odds of even close to 50% of the
> Singularity happening by 2030.   What is behind this optimism?

I said over 50% against it happening by 2030, which sufficed for my point
(it's unlikely to happen in the next few years, so other measures over at
least the next few years to deal with scarcity are justified).  A fuller
truth is that my odds are well over 50% against it happening by 2030, so
the odds are not close to 50% of it happening by 2030.