[Paleopsych] Unequal Societies, Unhealthy Societies

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sun Aug 8 15:57:11 UTC 2004

Steve, do you have actual data here? I'd love to see it! Anyhow, what you
have at most is correlation, not causation. But it is true, I think, that
non-market or corrupt-market economies do tend to result in greater
concentration of wealth. What's happening in America, and throughout the
world, in the past several decades, is a growing premium on intelligence.
At one time "a strong back and a weak mind" was good enough to get by on.
But now the man with the strong back needs to operate a complex machine,
more and more a machine that has a computer chip in it.

So there are two factors: free vs. corrupt or non-free societies and the
growing premium on intelligence.

Frank

On 2004-08-07, Steve opined [message unchanged below]: