[Paleopsych] pygmalion effect

Marcel Roele mroele at hetnet.nl
Mon Aug 9 14:18:45 UTC 2004

Sorry for my tardy response. The late Richard Snow made a meta analysis
of 18 studies of effect of teacher expectancy on children's IQ.
Excluding the methodologically flawed original Pygmalion study mentioned
below, the other 17 (more sound) studies yielded a positive effect of
less than 0.5 IQ points (R.E.Snow /Pygmalion and Intelligence? /Current
Directions in Psychological Science 4 (1995): 169-171.

Marcel