[Paleopsych] Did Osama miss his best chance?

Werbos, Dr. Paul J. paul.werbos at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 11:45:18 UTC 2004

At 05:54 PM 8/24/2004 -0700, Steve wrote:
>As awful as it was, the airplane attack was
>not the worst single thing he could have done.
>
>Exploding radioactive dirty bombs would have been
>easier to do, and could have turned New York and
>Washington into North American Chernobyls.

There are folks at Los Alamos who have a kind of official road show on
dirty bombs --
giving big talks or briefings at agency after agency.

Part of the ritual:"These are not weapons of mass destruction. They are
weapons of mass disruption.
Most of the damage they would do would be due to the panic they induce
because of the scary word
'nuclear.' Yes, if it happens, go home, have a shower, close the doors and
windows just to be safe..
but don't worry... listen to the radio."

But then again, I suppose there are people who debate Chernobyl itself to
this day.

>Now he is hunted man, living in some lawless
>backwater, surrounded by people who will
>happily turn him in for a reward if he runs out
>of money.  His organization is under assault
>from all directions in all places.

One way or another, we are not out of the woods yet. But there are many woods..