[Paleopsych] drugs

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Thu Aug 26 04:38:13 UTC 2004

Paul didn't say that, and neither did I. What I am saying is that
cocaine and all recreational drugs are dangerous and damaging. Their
primary function is to move us into a kind of autistic world, and the
dangers are much greater than cars, fast foods, and TV.

Paul's proposal involved some limited access to drugs, via some
governmental monopoly, if I understood right. There is some value in
that. As I said, it is a slippery slope, but I do agree with Michael
that the current system doesn't work well. The dysfunction of drug laws
are a kind of third rail in American politics, and no one wants to touch it.
Lynn