[Paleopsych] Joel

Steve shovland at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 25 04:44:17 UTC 2004

Lately I have been thinking that Osama is in a
similar position to Hannibal.

Hannibal battled his way to the gates of Rome
and stopped.  His reward was that Rome hunted
him for 20 years and he eventually committed
suicide in a remote Turkish village.

Osama is a) hidden in a palace in Riyadh or
b) living in a lawless place in central Asia.
If we were seriously hunting him he would be
dead.

If 911 is viewed as a decapitation attack, it
failed.  The Arab street did not take it as a
signal to rise up and slaughter the infidels.

There has not been any significant activity
in the US since 911, and only sporadic
attacks outside, albeit at a higher rate
than in previous years.

I have noticed that Osama and his kind do
not themselves go on suicide missions  :-)

If the Jihadists think they are at war with
us it is a pathetically feeble effort, doomed
to failure.