[Paleopsych] Disappearing Democrats?

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 28 06:48:42 UTC 2004

This afternoon when I was planting bulbs it occurred to
me that the Republican party may soon arrive at a position
similar to that of a football team that runs the same
successful plays too many times.

Eventually their opponents learn to see them coming
and the plays no longer work.

Many of the techniques the Republicans have used
to gain ground in the last years or decades can be
turned against them.

If their propaganda is defeated then only the results of
their positions will remain to be judged by the voters.

I basically think that the Democrats have become the
left wing of the elite party, and have little to contribute.

That may be the reason why most of the post-election
ferment is being generated by many people other than
the establishment Democrats.

I suspect that a large part of the Democratic base is in
play and may quickly shift to politicians who can
articulate their concerns and values.

Some of those politicians will describe themselves as
Democrats, but they won't be Bill Clinton's Democrats.
More like Green Democrats.