[Paleopsych] dying for a mistake

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 3 18:55:57 UTC 2004

I think that what Kerry cannot say, even though it's true,
is that we have lost, just as we did in Vietnam.

We lost because of strategic errors: bad intelligence,
a hostile climate, long supply lines, and inadequate forces.

(If you read Sun Tzu it's all in there.  "The outcome of a
battle is decided before it starts."  "To win without fighting
is best.")

Success in this situation now means cutting our losses.

In the end the people of Iraq will determine what stability
means.