[Paleopsych] Energy Shift: A Partial Overview of Possibilities

Werbos, Dr. Paul J. paul.werbos at verizon.net
Mon Oct 18 12:51:01 UTC 2004

Someone said "Don't worry about oil and gas; the market will probably
take care of it by shifting us to nuclear..."

Having limited time, I could not go over old ground again at length.

But very simply... when we stop being able to afford gasoline for our cars,
what DOES happen?
Who on this list will really take a rickshaw to work? (Me, I will walk, but
I know
I am part of a VERY small group that has that option. Something like 4 percent
of the workforce. And the good stores all require driving for me anyway.)

Will private industry truly shine and come up with instant little nuclear
cars for
people to drive in in the Middle East? It gives new meaning to the idea
of a car bomb... or of Columbine.

Woolsley -- who ran CIA under Clinton -- gave a very refreshing speech on
this stuff
a couple of weeks ago. See www.iags.org.
We can do about twice as well as he suggests... but his strategy is about
as hundred times
as real as today's faith-based policy. Faith is fine, but blind faith is
causing some
difficulties all over the world. If we do not open our eyes -- and accept
that what we
see is more complex and baffling than what we see with eyes shut -- we may
feel less
fear but may have more reason to feel fear objectively...