[Paleopsych] binary nature:an amusing correlation

Werbos, Dr. Paul J. paul.werbos at verizon.net
Sat Oct 30 19:28:11 UTC 2004

By the way --

I think there is an amusing statistical correlation between tolerance of
cognitive
dissonance (and of fuzziness) and tolerance of hair.

Was the victory of Lenin over the Trotskyites a victory of the bald over
the long hairs?
And we all know about skinheads and those who move in that direction...

Admittedly, bearded mullahs often break this correlation.... it's not
perfect... history
always adds other factors...

Another defier of this correlation was Einstein, whom in my view was
actually intolerant of cognitive dissonance..
and had an internal struggle between his own nature and his culture... a
very productive struggle.
Heisenberg had the same kind of struggle, with opposite signs. Schrodinger
and DeBroglie I find it easier to empathize with...

Best,

    Paul