[Paleopsych] bush/kerry

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 18:49:05 UTC 2004

>>In the midst of all this nice intellectual
discussion -- I have to admit that I am increasing
worried, in a very practical way, about whether we --
the human race -- are going to make the right
decisions IN THE COMING YEAR, to avoid a very
precipitous drop in our long-term probability of
survival.<<

--It's pretty likely Bush will win the US election,
and whatever innovation will be done will likely be in
part due to a backlash against the Bush mentality.
Which could actually be preferable, to go too far in
one direction in order to inspire its opposite, rather
than oscillating weakly and getting only slow change.
Might be better to create a crisis now than to wait
for a bigger one later.