[Paleopsych] Wired 13.02: Revenge of the Right Brain

Euterpel66 at aol.com Euterpel66 at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 07:17:38 UTC 2005

In a message dated 4/24/2005 10:07:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ljohnson at solution-consulting.com writes:

I  thoroughly disagree with the premise. First, the idea of right-brain /
left-brain has been thoroughly discounted. Second, the author is creating a
false dichotomy. Most technical people are creative and artistic. Both my
brother (Ph.D., chemical engineering) and my son (mechanical engineering) play  jazz
guitar.
Lynn

I don't know, Lynn. I've known a number of engineers and they all had  tunnel
vision, my present boyfriend, a tribology engineer, included. I  don't think
it is necessarily a right brain/left brain dichotomy, but rather the  track
that the train was running on didn't stop at literary junction.  I think most
highly intelligent people are creative, but not necessarily  artistic.They are
at the top of the food chain, but middle techies  are generally lacking in both
creativity and artistic appreciation.

Lorraine  Rice

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
---Andre Gide

http://hometown.aol.com/euterpel66/myhomepage/poetry.html