[Paleopsych] marriage and poverty

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 22:16:07 UTC 2005

>>"Why do we feel that promoting marriage will solve
the problem when there are so few marriageable men?"
asked [8]William Julius Wilson, professor of sociology
and social policy at Harvard. "We need to find ways to
duplicate the kinds of support that
come from an encouraging partner."<<

--I agree. I never understood why some people think
the nuclear family is the answer (especially given our
tribal evolutionary upbringing, in which the family
unit was imbedded in a larger culture), when there are
many people who just can't find someone to marry. Will
the people advocating marriage for the poor be willing
to lend their sons/daughters to the cause? Probably
not. They'll teach their kids to marry upward.