[Paleopsych] Eshel and Pavel--time as a translator

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 24 15:08:37 UTC 2005

If complexity increases over time then
conscious entities would require new,
larger scale abstractions in order to
understand and possibly manipulate
the whole.

Steve H.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: paleopsych-bounces at paleopsych.org
[mailto:paleopsych-bounces at paleopsych.org]On Behalf Of HowlBloom at aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:19 PM
  To: kurakin1970 at yandex.ru
  Cc: paleopsych at paleopsych.org
  Subject: [Paleopsych] Eshel and Pavel--time as a translator

  Eshel--It's been much too long since we've communicated and I've missed
you.

  Have I introduced you to Pavel Kurakin, from the Keldysh Institute of
Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Science in Moscow?  Thanks to
Pavel I gave a presentation at the international conference Quantum
Informatics 2005 in Moscow a month ago.

  That presentation stressed the fact that  no quantum particle is an
island.  All particles in the real world are part of mobs.  So understanding
mob behavior is critical to physics.  My example of a mob in motion was
derived from your work on bacterial colonies and credited you heavily.

  The dialog below also owes a great deal to you--specifically to the
questions you tossed me on information way back when.

  And as I continue the discussion, which I'll do below, you'll become even
more a part of it.  Howard

  In a message dated 11/23/2005 9:18:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,