[extropy-chat] NY Times article about Aubrey de Grey

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 17:10:27 UTC 2003

> >Well, yes. What a shame the NYT didn't commission a report
> from someone with expertise in some very sophisticated biology.
>
> What amused me is that the article was in the "Arts" section...

In today's San Jose Merc, there was a single sentence
about a group of scientists at Wake Forest University
that had developed a strain of mice that could survive
a direct injection of cancer cells.  The sentence was
in a section called "News of the Weird" which
ordinarily features only the most bizarre crime
stories, unexplainable stupidity, unsuccessful
suicide attempts, government corruption, etc.

Evidently much of even modern enlightened society
considers life extension as bizarre, undesireable,
immoral, etc.  We have a big job ahead of us.

{8-|  spike