[extropy-chat] NY Times article about Aubrey de Grey

David A. Kekich kekich at transvio.com
Sat Nov 1 17:36:38 UTC 2003

Spike wrote:

> In today's San Jose Merc, there was a single sentence
> about a group of scientists at Wake Forest University
> that had developed a strain of mice that could survive
> a direct injection of cancer cells.  The sentence was
> in a section called "News of the Weird" which
> ordinarily features only the most bizarre crime
> stories, unexplainable stupidity, unsuccessful
> suicide attempts, government corruption, etc.
>
> Evidently much of even modern enlightened society
> considers life extension as bizarre, undesireable,
> immoral, etc.  We have a big job ahead of us.

Fortunately, we don't need society's support, backing nor understanding...
not even modern enlightened society's. Having Aubrey (and others)speak in
front of visionaries like Steve Case, John Scully and Robert Metcalfe opens
up the possibilities of getting one or more people with financial clout and
intellectual leverage to bring funding (and even legitimacy) to our efforts.
A little seed funding alone will do it. Once we have a proof of concept, it
will be a natural progression to human applications.

Stay on tour Aubrey.

Dave

David A. Kekich
TransVio Technology Ventures, LLC