[extropy-chat] NY Times article about Aubrey de Grey

Reason reason at exratio.com
Sat Nov 1 20:28:10 UTC 2003

They netted around 7k so far as a result of Pop!Tech. Now, rather than
hoping and talking about this, how about you folks make contributions
yourselves? One of the important things at this stage is the number of
donations - being able to show a long, long list of modest donations makes
larger donations much more likely.

So how about you folks all jump in for $10 or $100? It's a small amount and
won't take you more than three minutes to go to
http://www.methuselahmouse.org/donate.htm and do it online. This small
amount of money will have an enormous, snowballing effect on your future
health and welfare: each dollar could potentially save 685 lives according
to Dave Gobel's math. I really can't think of any other cause right now that
is doing as much for healthy life extension as this one. (Please note that
I'm not asking you to do anything that I haven't already done: please see
the donor list at http://www.methuselahmouse.org/donors.php - I'm in as "The
Longevity Meme", my advocacy and news organization).

On a similar note, why doesn't ExI also contribute a token amount?
Alternately, one of you folks could easily contribute on behalf of the ExI
if the management is up for that (and of course, I think they should be
contributing as well, especially given their views on healthy life
extension: lead by example).

So how about putting a little of your money where your hopes are? Hope gets
you nothing: action does.

Reason
http://www.exratio.com