Why Kerry is -still- a better choice than Bush, was Re: [extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sat Aug 14 19:29:56 UTC 2004

 (8/14/04 8:11) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>or al Qaeda, for those of us who prefer an accurate version of history.
>None of which has an iotas thing to do with my original point, as you
>continue to reduce things to hominem and non sequitur.

Those of us who prefer an accurate version of history can well note that the spending that has been going on in the name of the "War of Terror" has damned little to do with actually breaking al Qaeda. And it bally well does, since you brought up the deficit.

My argument was no more non-sequitur than you bringing up a disaffected swift boat captain with an axe to grind and calling that irrefutable evidence.  And if my argument was ad hominem, it was so directed towards the current administration. I didn't point out the silliness of a purported libertarian stumping for arguably the most statist (and fascist) Republican administration in the past 50 years. -That- would have been ad hominem. :)

The fact that you're so defensive about this says something. What it says, I'm not sure, but it certainly says something.

Brent
--
Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein