[extropy-chat] SPAM: Successful filter avoidance

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 16:29:52 UTC 2004

I received the following email in my mail box, demonstrably from
someone who wants me to give my Citibank information to them for fraud
purposes, but dumb enough to think this poor penmanship will add any
credibility to the scam:

"_Dear_ Citicards Card_holders,

_This leter was sent_ by t_he Citicards sevrers to
veerify _your_ E_Mail addres.
You mmust colepmte this pcsores by clicking on_the_link
_below_ and enntering in the smal winndow your CITIBANK
Atm_ full card-nummber and Card Pin that _you use in ATM.
That is done - for_your pctroetion -Y- because some of_our
_members_ no lgoner have access to their email adrdeesss
and we must verify it.

http://citi.com:%55%74%6d7%75%72@%69%6b5%6c%660%64%61%64%2e%64%61%2e%72%75/%3f%42%67%670%4b%4d

To veerify your e_mail address and accees your _Citibank
account, clic on_the_link _below_.

hjFa4GrBotL3RXCHRdGLG4 "

=====
Mike Lorrey