[extropy-chat] RTR-N: What is this?

Russell Evermore nanowave at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 5 23:44:19 UTC 2004

In the course of our individual online research sessions, I presume that
many transhumanists come across an occasional document or website that (to
them) stands head and shoulders above the others as singularly illuminating.
I would like to propose a new (beta) power law/rating system to facilitate
the collection and ranking of such "gems" in one specific location. A sort
of post-of-the month on steroids.

While I haven't entirely worked out the details, it would involve having
posters preface their subject headers with an RTR (Required Transhumanist
Reading) score between 1 and 3 (3 being highest) if they think they have
something unusually illuminating to share with their fellow transhumanists.
If you respond to an RTR post, you are invited to offer your own RTR score -
including RTR-0 if you think the information has little or no transhumanist
significance.

I will personally read every RTR post and every RTR post reply, and then
attempt tp tabulate this information into something intelligent. To start
the ball rolling, I will now send a second RTR post with a link to
information that actually inspired this idea in the first place.

Russell Evermore
nanowave at shaw.ca